Friday, August 23, 2013


Welcome Back Trinity Tigers!


It has been an amazing week here at Trinity!  While is started out in a way I never dreamed it could have, we’ve had so much fun during our first week of school!  I love the first day of school, and I got to experience that twice this week.  First with our 1-6 kiddos and again on Thursday with our Kindergarteners.  As the principal, it’s always fun getting the teachers together and planning for the year, but there is absolutely nothing better than watching over 200 students arrive with huge smiles and “bring it on” attitudes.  I love watching the kids find friends they haven’t seen in a while, discovering a new path to their new classroom, and hugging a brand new teacher.  The reaction of the Kindergarteners coming to school is always a favorite time for me.  There are students who are practically running to get the day started and those that are a little scared.  We had a few tears, which subsided quickly with of the love and support of the teachers.  By the end of the day yesterday, the kids looked exhausted!  But it was “an amazing day” according to at least one source I spoke to this morning! J   All I know is that it’s been a full week of school, and all the students still had smiles on their faces as I greeted them this morning.  That’s all I can ask for!  This is why Trinity is “amazing!”

So, while I’ve seen a range of emotions from the students this week, I’ve also seen that same range of emotions from the parents.  Like all of you, I’m a parent here as well.  I had my camera out taking the typical first day pictures…at home before we left, in front of the cross, in front of the lockers, and with the teachers.  However, I get the added bonus of getting to experience their school lives right along with them.  I’ve watched many parents this week leave with smiles on their faces that school is back in session and I’ve watched parents teary as they are leaving a first born, a last born, or somewhere in between.  I feel both of these emotions: routine is good and it feels great to be back on a schedule, but I’ve had to leave 2 kids at home with a sitter and so I understand the tears.  Being a parent is the toughest, yet most rewarding job there is.  I give honor and glory to all of you for the students that you are raising and have chosen to entrust to us at Trinity.  Each and every one of them is special and means the world to you.  We strive to make sure they feel that way at Trinity too. 

Onward and upward through the rest of the year!  I know that this year will be just as “amazing” as the first day of school.  God’s blessing to each of you through the journey of 2013-2014.  I’m excited for what He has in store for us!